background

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

ANOTHER ROLL RECIPE


This is from a good friend, Kimberly who makes amazing crescent rolls with this.

1/4 cup shortening

1 t. salt

1/4 cup sugar

1/4 cup powdered milk

1 cup hot water

mix and cool to luke warm

Add:

2 eggs

1/4 cup warm water

4 cups flour

1 T yeast (1 package)

*I don't have kneading times because I always use my bread machine. I use the dough cycle and put the shortening, salt, sugar, milk, and ALL the hot water (1 1/4 cups) in machine first. Then I put the flour on top. Last I put in eggs and yeast. I start the dough cycle and check it as it is kneading to see if it looks like it needs a little more flour. It rises once in the machine. I take the dough out, form the loaves, let them rise again and bake.

*For rolls I divide the dough into 3 sections. Roll each section into a flat circle. Cut the circle into 6-8 pie shapes and roll them up like cresent rolls. Put them on a greased pan. Cover and allow to rise. Bake at 375 for about 12 min. May be less. If I make them ahead, I bake them for 10 minutes and take them out before they start to brown. Then I put them back in the oven for a short time right before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment